It is unlikely that you did not feel stressed at least once last year in addition to everyday concerns, such as family, finances, work, and health. The frequent feeling of panic has become a trigger for conditions such as depression, stress, and anxiety.
“Because of the Covid-19 situation, we perceive different ways of experiencing stress: home office, children at home, fear of getting sick or seeing loved ones sick, and the fear of dying due to the disease”.
But this feeling, while uncomfortable, can be explained by science. According to the expert, stress is a physiological response of our body that exists to provide it with what it needs, responding to stimuli from the environment.
An example cited by the doctor is our reaction to hearing a bang. “If you hear a very loud and sudden sound, at the same moment, your heart will speed up, and your bronchi and pupils will dilate, preparing your body for action as a result of the stimulus.
You should understand that these changes occur by activating the sympathetic nervous system and as a form of defense for our body. However, currently, our mind considers many forms of external events as dangerous, which activates this neural chain, causing even more stress and releasing hormones such as noradrenaline, adrenaline, and cortisol.
“We can’t control our digestion, nor the neural pathways that run through our body, let alone the glomerular filtration rate of our kidneys. But we can, yes, guide our breathing. calm down
6 Valuable Tips To Relieve Stress
Thus, the doctor teaches some exercises and practices that should be done when the person feels that he is on the verge of “exploding.” Check out:
- Place your hands on your abdomen and breathe rhythmically with abdominal breathing;
- Join a meditation group and learn mindfulness — the practice of mindfulness — or transcendental meditation, which consists of the mental use of sounds, known as mantras;
- Practice yoga;
- Spend more time in nature being present, observing everything around you, smelling and touching the flowers, and stepping on the grass, for example;
- Eat by smelling and tasting food. Turn off cell phones, television, and other electronics at mealtimes;
- Practice gratitude! Imagine that you will only have the next day to be thankful for today. Make gratitude a practice. Knowing all these it can also take herbal solution such as MIT 45 Silver 2X Liquid Kratom Shot that help to relieve stress.